Monday, August 24, 2009

We are home!!

This is the America World sign indicating we were there as we were driving to the Transition Home to meet Eli! At the very bottom of this post is our "Meetcha" moment on video!!
This is where Eli lived for the last 3 1/2 months of his 6 month life. He was abandoned at the gates of an orphanage at about 1 1/2 months old and lived there for 3 weeks before coming to the Transition home.
Happy family of FOUR! I can't even describe that moment! This event was fully orchestrated by God and I am SO thankful for this gift!

Happy mamma!



Proud daddy!
My two babies!!

A street in Africa as seen through the window of our bus.



This is T, one of our guides. He is such a dear!

This is typical in Ethiopia.......goats, cows, chickens right in the middle of a busy street. The cows and goats are herded right in the middle of traffic. It was something to see.


The beautiful little girl is a street kid. This is who Baylee bought gum from.

Happy baby boy! His chubby cheeks remind me of Baylee at that age. He looks big here, but he really is quite small for his age. He seems very healthy though, but I can't wait for our doctor appointment next week to have him fully checked over.

This sling saved our lives! 12 pounds doesn't seem much, but when you are lugging him around all day all over the city, he got very heavy!! The sling saved my life!


The view from our Guest House terrace. This is Davi with Baylee. She is a precious little girl who Baylee quickly bonded with. Her family adopted a 6 month old and a 4 year old....little girls.


This is a little one that was adopted by another family we were with. She was such a cutie and took to Baylee. She immediately started braiding her hair.

This is at one of our group lunches right before we met our children.

Baylee, Davi, and Madison. Madison's family adopted a 7 month old baby girl. These 3 had lots of fun.

T was wonderful to entertain Baylee and Davi!


Sweet Robel with Eli the day we were leaving. He has such an amazing heart for the children of Africa! T and Robel were such an inspiration and model for Christ. We are planning on keeping in touch and trying to help support Robel's ministry with the street kids. T was actually one of Robel's youth at church when he was young. Baylee got quite attached to these 2 men and wants them to move to America, but I told her that they are God's angels in Ethiopia and need to stay there to continue God's important work.
This little guy captured Brian's heart.


We had a traditional coffee ceremony at one of the orphanges we visited.



The rest of the pics are of our stay in Rome. I took 250 pictures on our 9 day trip actually, so these are just a drop in the bucket! This is the Colloseum.

Vatican.........view from our hotel terrace

I can't remember what this was. I will have to look it up! Ha! We saw so much!


The MOMENT we met Eli!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Gina and Bailey!!!!
    BLESSINGS, BLESSINGS, BLESSINGS! I just got finished watching the video and crying (tears of joy) for you. God is so good and I love that you recognize that it is His hand that has orchestrated this family event. Hugs for you both. Keep me posted. your friend, Galin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina and Family,
    The video of your first precious moments together is SO sweet. I too cried tears of joy for you three as you lovingly handed Eli off to one another. The look on sweet Baylee's face the first few seconds she held him was priceless. She is going to be such as AWESOME big sis. I am sure she already is.
    Congratulations Brian,Gina,Baylee and Eli!!!!
    Thank you for letting us follow your journey.
    Can't wait to see you!
    Amy, James and Marossie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely beautiful moment to capture! I was crying while watching... I am so happy for you, no one deserves this moment more. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, where's the picture of the Hollands with a caption saying, "these are our new most favorite people in the whole world?" Good to see the pics and video. Hope you guys are adjusting well!

    - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Great video of such a cute and precious little boy. Congratulations to you all and welcome home!

    We can't wait to meet Eli.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kevin called me from home and told me your video was up, so I had to come see, also. I know he just posted, but I wanted to tell you I loved the photos and the video ... oh my gosh. I want to hold him, too!
    Thank you so much for sharing your journey.
    Violet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy tears flowing here! God is so faithful!
    Love~
    The Johnsons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gina,
    I am so overjoyed for you and your family! I loved seeing the pictures and video. I can't wait to see Eli in person! God has blessed you very much!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete